Is more than obvious the importance of leg protection for cavalry, and not only in the 15th century but in general was one of the earlier protections seen among this kind of troop and became quite relevant with the increase of cavalry troops. Undeniable is the beauty and intricate of work in German style armors as the piece we offer you. This version is is based on a original armor from south Germany that can be found nowadays exhibited on a collection in Berlin. The piece reflects the Belgium and Austrian influence in the Germany of the age. The lateral hinge system can be found also in the Valdemar VI´s armor stored at present in the Royal Armouries or in the archiduke and later emperor Maximilian I´s armor.
Made in steel 1,2mm. This item has a satin finish so its surface will be slightly reflective as many original armour models.
The product has two parts. The upper part is the guisse with the poleyn and the second part is the greave.
Guisse with Poleyn
- 45 cm from the inside part of thigh until the middle of the knee.
- 44 cm from the upper part in the middle of guisse until the middle of the knee.
- 57 cm total length.
- 5,5 cm from the end of the knee (sharp point) until the first hole.
- 7,5 cm from the end of the knee (sharp point) until the second hole.
- 26 cm from the button (fastening system) until the instep.
- 36 cm total length (for the side part).
Steel thickness may vary due to the handcrafted methods used on its manufacturing. The steel is untreated and may have rust. To protect the steel you may rub it with mineral or synthetic oil.
No returns will be accepted due to these issues.